16A, Honey Street
Ideas For Game
Where To Go? Pick the Best Resorts.
You don’t have to limit your vacation to just one course. Portugal has 80 golf courses scattered throughout the country and travelling around this European city is convenient and affordable.
The Algarve: Located on the southernmost tip of Portugal, the Algarve contains the highest concentration of golf courses in the country. Many of the courses offer views of the Atlantic Ocean and you can easily spend some time on the beautiful beaches that this area is renowned for.
Lisbon: The city’s capital has a number of golf courses that can be easily accessed after arriving at Lisbon International Airport. One of the most beautiful courses is the Praia del Rey, a mere 45 minute drive from Lisbon.
Porto: The country’s second largest city and well known for its grand architecture and fascinating history. It’s also home to the Oporto Golf Course, one of the oldest courses in Europe.
Madeira and Azores: These islands located off the Portuguese coast offer a unique experience for the golfing tourist. Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean with rich, volcanic soil, the islands have a lush, tropical feel and relaxed holiday atmosphere.
You don’t have to stick with the set package your travel agent advises when considering a golfing holiday to Portugal. Get on the internet and learn all you can about what the country has to offer. Many agents will be happy to give you advice and help you create a package that caters to all the needs of your party.
Get your heart pumping
Think outside of the golf course and take some time to explore some of the other activities the country has to offer. The Portuguese climate is particularly suited to promoting an outdoor lifestyle and offers plenty for the adrenaline junkie!
- The Beach: Miles of coastline offer you the choice of surfing, windsurfing, paddle surfing and for something different, kitesurfing!
- The Mountains: Hiking, bike riding, rock climbing and horse riding all offer you the chance to explore the natural beauty of Portugal and enjoy some magnificent vistas.
Indulge your senses
If you’re travelling with your family, scheduling some time to relax and unwind couldn’t be easier in Portugal.
- Shopping: Skip the malls and head for the local markets. You’re bound to find a beautiful ceramic Barcelos cockerel – the perfect souvenir to remind you of your trip.
- Spas: Spending all that time on the green is bound to result in a few aching muscles. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage in some of Portugal’s most luxurious spas.
- Food and Drink: Portugal is famous for its fantastic seafood and virtually every region of the country produces wine. Ask the locals to recommended places to eat and you’ll get a chance to experience the true culture of Portugal.
© 2015 ctgolfland.com. All Rights Reserved | Land Of Golf